Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Welcome To Inspired Stepmoms

image via

Welcome to Inspired Stepmoms, the blog. This is a community I have been wanting to create for several years now. I am so happy that this day has arrived and hope you'll join in this community of stepmoms and lend your support to other women who desire to be Inspired Stepmoms.

I am a stepmom. It's been the greatest blessing of my life and also the greatest challenge and at times greatest stress of my life. I share in the raising of a fantastic little one who has blessed my life with more love, hugs, kisses, songs and smiles than I could have ever imagined. When she says, "I love you mother. Now you say "I love you daughter" to me, it melts me. I have learned a lot over the past few years, sometimes those lessons have come blissfully and some days I've had to step back and say, "Boy, I didn't do that so well. How can I do better" and then do some soul searching.

Being a stepmother can be a very difficult experience, no matter how hopeful you are going into it. Legal, financial, geographical and workplace issues all create stress on the situation. Each person in the new, more complicated family situation also brings their own baggage to it: fears, past experiences, expectations, disappointments, etc. which also complicate things and cloud our and other's judgment at times.

I have experienced in my life that I learn the best and most frequently when I am talking with friends. They always seem to say something that inspires and in the course of the conversation ideas come to my mind that will solve problems and improve situations. I hope this site will be a place of communion for the stepmom sisterhood. I hope it will be a place where many inspired relationships are build and that there are many families who will be blessed by good things shared here.

Again, welcome to Inspired Stepmoms. Looking forward to connecting! Introduce yourself in the comments below or say hello anonymously. Tell us how you found your feet as a stepmom.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation and inspiring others!