Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Back In Action: It's All About Love

Ceramic Heart Brooch, Cherry Blossom Design

First let me say I am so sorry I haven't been here for a few months now. Some serious but temporary health issues sidelined me along with some major family events. Stepmom duties have kept me the most busy of all.

I hope you are doing well in your blended families and that over the long haul you are seeing that your efforts are paying off to build a beautiful family. Saturday night as I was getting my stepdaughter ready for bed, I noticed that she had put a hand-cut paper heart on my pillow. I couldn't wait to read what it said.

In her sweet little girl handwriting she shared with me how much she loves me and appreciates me. It brought tears to my eyes. Little kids know who the people are they can trust and who stand by them. As a stepmom we should definitely be one of those people in their lives.

I will save that heart forever. It is such a treasure. I've had a couple of big chances this past week to come to her rescue, once physically and once emotionally. I thanked God I had those opportunities to be the one person in the entire world who could truly rescue her from her distress. What a heartbreaking but sweet joy.

I am so lucky to have her in my life. The cost in life energy, strength, stress, distraction from my goals and desires, and financial security have been gigantic. But the rewards have been greater. Her love conquers all.

*See more of Purple Fig's Jewelry, like this beautiful brooch, in their Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining the conversation and inspiring others!